Want to know how I started the new year? It’s probably not as fabulous as you may think. I started 2018 SLEEPING. I was unfortunate enough to get the flu two days before and the only things I could do was sleep and drink tea. Instead of party and sip champagne with my friends, but it’s all good now. At least I didn’t wake up with a killer hangover ;-).
I am still in recovery mode and that means I am at my parents house making plans for 2018 and getting some work done under a blanket on the couch. I am really looking forward to this year and I am trying to start 2018 off right (let’s ignore me being sick for a moment). While everyone is making plans and setting goals for themselves, I made a little realistic list of things you can do to become a better version of yourself. Sometimes all you’ve got to do is to take some baby steps. Everyone can do it, 5 tips to start 2018 off right:
1. Do something nice for yourself, every day, for at least a whole month. This can be something BIG but it can also be something small, like practising meditation for 5 minutes every morning. Or maybe waking up earlier to make a healthier and nutritious breakfast. Keep reminding yourself to be nice to yourself, because you totally deserve it.
2. Make a ‘to read’ list. Books are amazing and I am happy that I finally started to read again in 2017. I never found the time for it (or maybe the right books). I would read some chick lits on a family vacay, but nothing that would really interest me and to help me grow as a person. Last year I ordered a lot of books about spirituality. If you are interested in being more mindful I’d love to recommend you to read ‘The Fifth Agreement’ by don Miguel Ruiz and his son don Jose Ruiz.
3. This year, invest in products for your skin, body and mind. I know this sounds super materialistic but when you find the right products for you personally, your life kind of changes. When I switched to a vegan lifestyle I had to force myself to find new products and it honestly was a rocky journey. BUT, I found so many new products that I love now and that are so much better for my skin. I love to mix different kind of oils and switched to more natural products with less chemicals. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend a lot of money, it can actually save you money if you do this the right way.
4. Set goals and be specific. You can work as hard as you want, but if you don’t set goals, don’t follow the steps and don’t reflect you will not gain very much. Whenever you set a new goal this year, make sure you write down all the steps it will take you for you to complete that goal. Believe me, it’s super effective. One goal can be to make more money, but if you don’t sit down and write down your steps on how to actually make that money, your goal will just be a goal. What do they say? A goal without a plan is just a dream? You’ve got this :-)
5. Keep a diary. It’s not only a fun way to document your life but it’s also a good way to deal with stress. Sometimes all we have to do is write that shit down. It helps me, it may help you too.
I hope you enjoyed reading this list, now let’s kick some a$$ in 2018. XOXO